The 16 Best Trapping Supplies – Trapping Tools & Accessories reviews
Bridger Wire Stretchers
- #1 – Designed for stretching muskrats. 21’’L x 7’’W.
- #5 – Designed for stretching fox and raccoon. 48’’L x 10’’W.
- #6 – Designed for stretching bobcat and coyote. 59’’L x 12’’W.
Cavens Quality Animal Lures
Size: 1-oz. glass jar.
- Minnesota Red – Extremely thick and heavy gland lure that's extremely attractive to red and gray fox, raccoon and coyote.
- Canine Force – This food/call lure is a potent mixture of food and calling ingredients that brings various predators into your sets. Its powerful calling properties are ideal for cold-weather trapping.
- Timber – One of the most versatile lures on the market, it's appealing to beaver, bobcat, fox, muskrat, raccoon, mink and coyotes. Thick waterproof base performs well in rainy conditions or at water sets.
- Bread and Butter – A custom blend of food and calling ingredients and oils produce a piercing sweet odor that's a must when trapping muskrats. This lure has also proven its value when targeting raccoons.
- Mink Master – Strong gland lure combined with essential oils and weasel musk appeals to the mink's territorial nature and brings them in. Effective as a change-up predator lure at your flat or post sets.
- Moonshine – Super-sweet food and calling lure that's a combination of select oils in a thick base for effective use in any weather condition. It's an excellent choice when using dogproof traps.
- Yodel Dog – Thick, long-lasting natural gland lure that really stirs up howlers. Called Yodel Dog, it's made of glands aged to perfection. It's the answer to post sets, and really dresses up dirt holes and flat sets.
- Feline Fix – Loaded with bobcat glands for a natural cat odor, this Feline Fix is a thick lure that also works great on fox and raccoon.
- Tree Climber – This Tree Climber lure is a mild, yet sweet, lure. An irresistible blend of natural ingredients bring in marten and fisher. Also, excellent for bobcat, fox and beaver.
- Red Fox Urine – High-quality attractant for all predators, as well as a top-notch cover scent for hunter.
Caven's Minnesota Brand Predator Bait
Size: 9-oz. bottle.
Blade dimensions: 12"L x 1-1/2"W.
Everybody they had a friend asking about the purpose of the burg on a fleshing knife on the sheriff side of the fleshing knife. It there and just what exactly. What it does it work on I'd say just. Any flushing knife you're gonna sharpen your knife as sharp as. You can sharpen it with your diamond file. Whatever you like so. That you've got a bevel like. You don't want to sharpen the backside. Or remove material from the backside of the blade. You just want to sharpen. That like you know. How to do and then the next thing is to roll the burr onto. That knife that burr changes it's exaggerated in. This drawing but so. You get an idea of what direction the burr is pointing and. When you're fleshing your moving. That burr in that direction down the hide to flesh the fat. And tissue off but the way. That burr on just take the back of your skinning knife.
Or your sharpening steel. Something hard and again here's here's the bevel on the back side is the flap. And just taking first. You can hear now I'm pushing. That burr off of this knife. One I'm rolling it one way you're straightening it aligning it. And then you turn the knife over. And on the back side. You start out at a fairly shallow angle push. And then increase the angle. What that's doing is rolling. That burr over so that it's pointing this direction. When my fingers pointing you can feel. That pull your thumb across. It's real subtle but. You can feel that burr. You pull your thumb not like you're sharpening feeling a regular sharp blade. And I'm just pulling my thumb down the bevel. You can feel that little burr there. That does it allow. You to have your angle of attack on the hide like.
This versus like all so prevents. That super sharp edge from cutting through. You can really you can push a little harder without blowing through the hide. Ilearned this from Greg Schrader. It made a huge difference in. You get through your reflection process so hopefully. This helps and pass. You know like it was a big light bulb moment for me. Ilearned about and want to help. This friend of mine out so. He can see what it looks like. What you can do with.
Minnesota Trapline Wolf Fang Cable Stakes and Driver
Available: Stake driver or 18" Cable Stakes – Per 12
Metal Dirt Sifter
Dimensions: 10"L x 8"W x 2-1/4"H.
Bridger Aluminum Body Grip Setter
Weight: 1.8 lbs.
Bridger Self-Locking Setter
Minnesota Trapline Products Steel Catch Pole
Wt: 6.15 lbs.
Minnesota Brand Trapping Bait Oils
- Salmon oil – It’s a universal oil with a fresh-fish smell that attracts most furbearers. Also works great for bear baiting.
Size: 16-oz. plastic bottle.
- Shellfish oil – This is an economical, top-quality lure that has a very strong shellfish odor that’s effective on raccoon, otter and mink.
Size: 4-oz. glass bottle.
Minnesota Trapline Glycerin Oil
Size: 16-oz. bottle.
Minnesota Trapline 14-Gauge Trappers Wire
Size: 350-ft., 3.5-lb. roll.
Marsyada's Trap Bait
Size: 6-oz. jar.
- Shellfish Bait - Excellent choice for raccoon, mink, fox and various other predators. Contains strong shellfish oils that pull furbearers from a distance.
- Coon Bait - Raccoons find this sweet-smelling, sticky paste bait irresistible.
Minnesota Trapline Products Standard 22'' Trapping Trowel
Dimensions: 22’’L x 2-7/8’’W (blade).
Odorless Trap Wax
Size: 1-lb. block.